Social Icons

Friday, December 21, 2012

Dining Out

Ugh, I lost my lovingly created blog list when I updated my layout!  Will have to rebuild it.  Bummer.

What's not a bummer is the dining out success I had in the last 24 hours.  Last night, we went to Scat Jazz Lounge where Thomas played in a big band, performing during its first set Duke Ellington's Nutcracker Suite.  It was really fun!  But between work and heading to Fort Worth, I didn't have time to eat, so I walked over to Cantina Laredo while the band was setting up.  Mexican food is usually a safe choice for vegan food - they may offer veggie fajitas, or if nothing else, a guacamole salad.

I did MUCH better than that, though.


ENCHILADAS DE AVOCADO
Avocado and artichoke enchiladas topped with tomatillo sauce
on bed of spinach     11.49


Except it wasn't just a "bed of spinach" - it was spinach sauteed with poblano peppers and mushrooms. The "bed of spinach" was tasty enough to be a meal on its own.  The enchiladas were stuffed with artichokes and avocados and topped with red peppers and tomatillo sauce.  No beans and rice, but a jicama, red pepper, carrot slaw with mango.  It was perfect.  I'll be back there.

Had some wine at Scat Jazz.  Drinking is one of my biggest diet derailers, not so much because of the alcohol itself, but because it makes me want to eat big fat breakfast the next day.  Luckily, Denton makes hangover food vegan friendly at the Seven Mile Cafe.  Tofu scramble with soy chorizo, vegan cheese (still not a fan...), onion, and jalapenos with hash browns and friendly service.


Still on track.  Ask me again after I go to the Cowboys game Sunday.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. arghhhhhhhhhhh! just the site of that beautiful mango makes me itch!

    ReplyDelete