Social Icons

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Painting without a twist

We congregated at Painting with a Twist in Garland last night to celebrate Tammy's 40th birthday.  It was super fun.  :)  The twist, according to our instructor, is that you can BYOB to paint.  I didn't this time, as it was a family affair, so I painted without a twist and didn't do any better than a couple years ago when I painted with a twist or 4.

We did "paint with a purpose" however.  Half of our fee went to the Children's Tumor Foundation, in honor of Tammy's awesome son, Connor, who has neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2).  

Tammy is my sister's best friend, so she's been part of my life since I was 4 or 5.  I'm grateful my sister has such an amazing friend, and even more grateful to get in on the friendship overflow as an adult.  Tammy is one of, if not THE first person I knew that went to graduate school, and she's the only one in my immediate circle who can relate first-hand to what I'm doing.  I love, admire, and appreciate her so much!

Enjoy some pics!  When Tammy posts hers on FB, I'll post one of all of us together.

My sister Danyelle and I (me on the left)




My masterpiece

 Danyelle's painting

 Tammy's painting

No comments:

Post a Comment